POSTRmagazine is a free magazine printed on an A1 size poster format. POSTRmagazine is distributed all over the world to selected stores, museums, art centers, galleries and people we respect. By creating POSTRmagazine I tried to find the boundaries of what a magazine is, should or can be for readers. Both content and format are not easy. For instance, in order to read all of the content on the poster it needs to be unfolded completely. This was well thought of in advance and is very much part of the concept.
POSTRmagazine was nominated for the 2012 Magpile Awards in the Best Magazine Design category and shortlisted for the 2015 Stack Awards in the Best Original Non-Fiction category.
POSTRmagazine has been included in these publications:
• Behind The Zines: Self Publishing Culture (Gestalten - 2011)
• The Modern Magazine (Jeremy Leslie - Laurence King Publishing - 2013)
• Print Is Dead. Long Live Print. The World's Best Independent Magazines (Ruth Jamieson - Prestel - 2015)
POSTRmagazine has been part of these exhibitions:
• MagFest (Edinburhg, UK)
• Magazine Library (Tokyo, Japan)
• Vancouver Art/Book Fair (Canada)
• Mag Is In (Torino, Italy)
• Eins/Eins/Eins (Düsseldorf, Germany)
• De Zines (Madrid, Spain)